Thought you’d all want to see a hot press release circulating throughout North America.
NEW YORK, NY – Want to know how to keep the thrill of receiving that beautiful bouquet last? Whether its exquisite roses, perky daisies, or lovely lilies, by following a few simple steps you can extend the life of that lush arrangement and ensure that flowers remain fresh, fragrant and vibrant for days longer.
As the holiday season approaches and more people join in the festive spirit by giving the gift of flowers, expert floral specialists at Flora2000, share some easy tips for caring for a bouquet. “Regardless of size or type of flower, quality floral arrangements can last up to a week. Caring for flowers does not require a green thumb and with minimal attention, anyone can enjoy the lasting pleasures of their thoughtful floral gift,” said Rehan yar Khan, Founder of Flora2000, the leading online floral delivery specialists for overseas deliveries.
Khan offers the following tips for getting the most out a fresh flower bouquet:
- Using a sharp knife, cut flower stems at an angle about 1 to 1.5 inches from the bottom under lukewarm water to prevent air bubbles from forming.
- Remove any leaves that fall below the level of the water, as foliage promotes bacteria and causes flowers to wilt or never open.
- Always place flowers in a clean vase with lukewarm water. Avoid metal containers which can neutralize the effects of flower food.
- Add flower food to the water.
- Keep your fresh flowers away from any ripening fruit or vegetables, or dying flowers. These items give off ethylene gas which can damage fresh flowers.
- Keep flowers away from any draughts, direct heat or sunlight.
- Throughout the week, continuously remove any flowers or leaves that are wilting.
No flower food? Flora2000 also suggests many home remedies that can be used as alternatives.
- Citric acid, such as a few drops of lime juice, acts as an acidifier.
- Add 3 drops of bleach each time the water is changed to prevent bacteria growth.
- Add ¼ cup of clear carbonated beverage to one vase of water.
- Add one capful of hydrogen peroxide every time the water is changed.
- Use one part lemon lime soda to 3 parts of water.
- Use two tablespoons lemon juice, one tablespoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon bleach in one vase of water.
For more useful floral tips or to view a full selection of fresh, premium floral arrangements, which can be delivered anywhere in the world, visit www.flora2000.com.
10 Responses to TIPS TO KEEPING FLOWERS FRESH FROM THE EXPERTS